Electronics And Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is a swiftly advancing field, with new ideas emerging every other second. From mobile phones to fiber optics and remote sensing, there are exciting avenues to explore and create. The ECE department at SAMS college of engineering prepares students for careers in this constantly evolving discipline.
About ECE Department: (COURSE BRIEF)
SAMS Engineering College is one of the Best ECE Engineering colleges in Chennai which is providing Electronics and Communication Engineering. Our ECE Department is offering one Under Graduate course and one Post Graduate course which is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, approved by AICTE New Delhi, and to be approved by NBA. Electronics and Communication Engineering have a fabulous infrastructure and well skillful research laboratories. The ECE department is being an inimitable in all its educational program, co-curricular and extracurricular events. Our ECE department affords leading qualified training along with up-to-date advances in electronics and communication engineering. Our ECE department not only efforts on developing engineering students in technical manner but also quintessence morals and humanism to our engineering graduates. SAMS elucidate our engineering students an enthusiasm of technical desire and problem-solving dexterity in Electronics and communication to encounter the desires of the engineering industry. SAMS provides well- implemented laboratories such as Digital Design, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Digital & Analog Communications, Electronic Circuits, RF & Microwave labs and VLSI Design workspaces that supplies to engineering requirements.
The aspiration of the SAMS Engineering College is to confer “Excellence Engineering Edification” and encourage the progression of active, proficient and skilled Professionals, by dint of loyalty of the academic excellence. The wide range of program arenas such as • VLSI design Flow • Digital Signal Processing Techniques • Embedded Systems Applications • Microprocessor & Microcontrollers Hardware Design • Bio signal processing • Medical image processing Electronics and Communication Engineering intent on creating the routine life of technology filled world more obvious. The tremendous utilization of Electronics and the expeditious amelioration in the area of Communications enables the study of this ECE program a striving decision. The Faculty of the Electronics and Communication Department are whizzes in their peculiar progress and intend at cultivating and preparing our engineering students with an all-encompassing recognition and perception in the advanced craze in electronics as well as communication technology.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Our SAMS Graduates will achieve an efficacious enduring progress in Electronics and Communication Engineering or affiliated engineering corporations or advanced learning progressions or as industrialists. • To confer firm dexterity in the arena of Electronics and Communication Engineering. • To edify our engineering students in ECE to approach divergent thinking in Electronics Engineering. • To strengthen our students in deal out the contemporary and approaching hurdles in Communication Technology. • To galvanize our students in executing and perceiving the abundant arenas of Engineering. • To encourage the center of quality in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering, by dispensing value and morality based tutoring to create enlightened engineering wizards. • To forge our students into well-trained researchers & creators in engineering and could strive universally, talented to invent resourceful keys to the civilizations requirements. • To stimulate them as experts in equipment handling by revealing them to appropriate Hardware and Software apparatuses and talents necessary for core manufacturing industries. • To attain an inclusive advancement of our students by implementing essential knowledge rather than theoretical involvement building them enthusiastically detachable in the engineering corporations.
Our SAMS Engineering College, One of the Prominent Engineering Colleges in Chennai comes up with revolutionary Vision goals to achieve by means of highbrow edification. • To prevail in Electronics and Communication Engineering pro-learning and research, centering on the necessities of engineering core industries through professional ethics. • Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering foresees to be a spearhead in cultivating modernistic instruction through wisdom in teaching and fabulous training. • To bring forth magnificent graduates in ECE Engineering by instituting leadership potentials to divulge worth high-tech edification, research proficiencies with virtuous ideals. • To constitute talents in graduates for efficacious professions in engineering that enlightens the desires of Indian and MNC companies, through challenging tutelage. • To enlighten our students with the unbreakable basis in mathematics, methodical, Integrated circuit technology and Communication engineering to scrutinize data and practical theories for application to IC core designing and to chase advanced ECE Higher Edification. • To sharpen students with virtuous systematic and engineering extent, as well as adeptness in software programs and practice of up-to-the-minute software utensils make them realize, evaluate, scheme and generate innovative products and elucidations for the conspicuous complications.
Our SAMS Engineering College in Chennai encompasses with the following looming Mission Policies for the Department of Electronics and Communication. • To produce a tremendous education and erudition atmosphere with our forthcoming to give gratification to our ECE graduates and to afford up-to-date engineering applications and technical aspects to compete with the transformation. • To succor eminence practical education and to raise fabulous researches to cater latest industrial prerequisites and to deliver a stimulating education to make our ECE engineering students to develop immeasurably eligible engineers and the technical front-runners. • Our Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, efforts to improve comprehensively proficient Engineers equipped to overcome all sorts of challenges in the society and to build Industrialists with immersive technical competence, extraordinary specialized and moral standards with an assertiveness to assist our society. • To afford openings to admirable students for excellence certified edification in the arena of Electronics and Communication and to inculcate groundbreaking real-world training strategies to encounter the constraints of the Electronics & communication diligence. • To scheme and supply prospectuses over learner centric erudition approaches to outshine in their occupation & encourage altogether behavior improvement of the scholars by means of intercommunication with former students, Our College Connoisseurs and Engineering Organizations.
Electronics and Communication Engineering is a progression/course offered by the SAMS Engineering College, Chennai that is succeeding with prodigious career prospects. It encompasses interior and exterior design, exploration and engineering of electronic equipment and apparatus, IC’s, wireless instruments for abundant applications. Nearly boundless profession paths are there for our ECE Engineering graduates. • Engineer in ELECTRONICS • Government & Bank Jobs • PSU jobs • Core Electronics Jobs • Higher Studies such as M.E., M.TECH, etc. • Communication Engineer • Design Engineer in VLSI and DSP • Plant Engineer in Consumer Electronics • Industrial Electronics, etc. Our ECE engineering graduates would be a vital part in supporting superior technology to be successful in this competitive world. An electronic engineer is talented to discover an opening in Consumer electronics & engineering organization, Telecommunication & Software Sectors, Health maintenance device engineering, Mobile Phone communication (2G, 3G, 4G) and other diligences like steel petroleum and chemical industries & testing fabrication process. All of these expansions have been powered by progresses in communications technology. If you are fascinated in Electronics and Communication Engineering then SAMS Engineering, Chennai can provoke your imaginings and make your profession at the topmost level.
Qualification : A Pass in Plus-two (12th Standard) or its equivalent, with minimum 50% Marks for OC and 45% Marks for others aggregate in Maths, Physics and Chemistry Group from any recognized Board.
Age :Not more than 25 years at the time of commencement of the course
Gender : Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Course Duration : 4 years or 8 semesters
Mode of Selection : Admission Test / Personal Interview
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is a swiftly advancing field, with new ideas emerging every other second. From mobile phones to fiber optics and remote sensing, there are exciting avenues to explore and create. The ECE department at SAMS college of engineering prepares students for careers in this constantly evolving discipline.
- Having understood the need for interdisciplinary research and education in Electronics Engineering , the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1995 with a good balance of theory and practical work.
- The teaching is based on structured fundamental understanding and methodology for each subject and in way that the student will benefit from strong foundations as well as deep knowledge of the Electronics and communication Engineering.
- Our students and faculties are members of Professional bodies like ISTE, IEEE, IETE and CSI. They are committed to continuous improvement in teaching, research and develop collaborations with different organizations in the field of Research and Development.
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Diploma in Electronic & Instrumentation (EIE)
- Diploma in Instrumentation & Control (I.C.E)
The above stream candidates should have minimum 60% marks. Good Communication and Writing skills in English
- To contribute to the society and our country through excellence in technical education and research, in order to create resourceful self-confident graduates.
- To facilitate quality technical education and to foster effective research.
- To motivate entrepreneurship and support the industrial and social needs.
- To cultivate leadership, teamwork and self-confidence.
- To nurture strong foundation in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To train students towards out of box thinking in Electronics Engineering.
- To provide exposure to the students in multidisciplinary domains of Engineering.
- To create awareness on human values, entrepreneurship skills, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- To bring exposure to contemporary knowledge and trends in the world.
- To inculcate the necessity of effective communication and provide opportunities for better communication.
- After completion of this course, students from this department have become professional engineers, employed both in core Electronics and communication industry and software companies. They are well represented at core Electronics companies like Bosch, Qualcomm, Wipro and as well as number of smaller start-up companies. They have become successful software developers in the leading software companies, such as Infosys, CTS, HCL Technologies, TCSetc.